Saturday, September 10, 2011

drabble on A.Word.A.Day – Sept. 8, 2011: bada-bing

Still catching up. Even if I do two each day, it's going to take awhile to get through all of them sitting in my inbox.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Word A Day by Anu Garg

bada-bing

MEANING:
interjection: Used to suggest something happening effortlessly, emphatically, or predictably, implying "Just like that!" or "Voila!"

ETYMOLOGY:
Of uncertain origin. Perhaps imitative of the sound of a drum roll and cymbal crash or a rimshot (hear it). Earliest documented use: 1965.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes: The following drabble is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real people, living or dead, is entirely unplanned and coincidental. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
Oh, and I apologize if this comes off kind of racist. But doesn't everyone make fun of Italians? ;)

--------------------------------


“Ya know, Vinnie, I don’ know if I’m happy or sad that it’s finally over.”

“I know, right? It’s like, we’re not gonna be famous anymore, but then we don’t got those fuckin’ cameras in our faces every second.”

“Exac’ly, like, now we can do whatever we want, even if it don’t go down so good wit’ the producers.”

“There somethin’ you been wantin’ to do, Mikey?”

“Yeah.” Mikey put his hands on the back of Vinnie’s neck and kissed him. Vinnie didn’t hesitate. He kissed him right back, and bada-bing, there were the fireworks Mikey had been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment