Monday, May 23, 2011

Pirate Anthology deadline -- 23 hours and counting

At least, I think it's 23 hours. Website says deadline is May 23. Does that mean midnight on May 23 or midnight on May 24? Or noon, or 10 AM, or 3 PM on May 23?

I'm taking it to mean midnight on May 24, but here's the thing: I'm not quite done with the first draft. I'll have to make time for a very basic edit, I'll have no time at all to polish. So, do I

a) submit it tomorrow anyway, risking that they'll publish something that is less than my best work,

or

b) hang onto it, finish it, polish it, and save it for an opportunity at a later date?

If I choose 'a', I could be mucking up my reputation in the future. If I choose 'b', I may never have another chance.

How many times in a row can you say "bugger" before your head explodes?

No comments:

Post a Comment